We finally made it.
After a huge day of travelling, we have arrived in London. This will be the longest time in the air for the whole trip – 23.5 hours! Below is a quick time table of our flight:
- Left our hotel room at 11:30pm on the (05/07/2014) in a shuttle bus to the departure gate
- Boarded the flight at 2:40am (06/07/2014) from Melbourne
- Landed at Kuala Lumpur at 8:45am (06/07/2014) after an 8.5 hour trip
- Departed Kuala Lumpur at 10.10am (06/07/2014) and arrived at Dubai after a 7.5 hour trip.
- Left Dubai at 2.15pm (06/07/2014) and arrived at Heathrow at 6.40pm after a 7.5 hour trip.
After getting through immigration and customs without any issues we then caught the tube (Piccadilly Line) to Kings Cross Station St Pancras. This was really easy we used the ticket machine to buy an oyster card and it only cost 3 Pound each.
This was the beautiful view awaiting us outside the tube station.
We then got our first London Cab to the hotel. It was a huge day, we were both exhausted so had a quick bite and crashed out.
Looking forward to exploring the local area and catching up with Elaine tomorrow!
Random Cool Thing of The Day (RCToTD) – Massive butterfly inside KL Departure Lounge – it was about the size of an iPhone.